If you’ve never tried Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip,you will question how you made it through all the previous football seasons without it. Seriously. A big pan of this dip coming out of the oven is about the only thing that can divert Jamie’s attention from the game. He jumps right off the couch and goes running for the kitchen. Unfortunately, after he scoffs down half the dish, Jamie realizes he’s got a lot more running to do…. let’s just say the standard recipe is not too friendly to your waistline. It’s basically fat, mixed with fat, then a little chicken and sauce and top it all off with some cheese.
We decided if we were going to make it through football season and have any hope for bathing suit season, we had to give the recipe a low fat make over. So give the recipe a try and we swear on Tom Brady’s chin you’ll be the superstar of your Super Bowl party.
Low Fat Buffalo Chicken Dip
Author: Just Married & Cooking
Recipe type: appetizer
- 4 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- ½ oz ranch dressing powder (1/2 of a 1 oz packet)
- ½ cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lbs cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- cup grated cheese for topping (cheddar, mozzarella parmesan or a blend)
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning and hot sauce in a bowl; stir until smooth.
- Mix in the crumbled blue cheese and chicken, transfer to an 8 x 8 oven proof baking dish and top with grated cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through and bubbling.
What are the calories for this recipe??
This has about 350 calories per serving. Our serving size 6 because, let’s be honest- you’re going to eat a lot of it. Certainly not the 2 tablespoon serving size other recipes suggest!