Yes, I’m married to a chef. No, he is not responsible for meal time- I am.
Does that surprise you?
Jamie comes home with yummy bits from his all-stainless, oversized, fully stocked work kitchen several times a week. The crazier and the more complex the food (aka he dirtied 7 pots to make it), the better. Think country pate’ studded with foie gras, cold Chinese noodles, Bolognese sauce enriched with two cups of cream. Is it all delicious? Absolutely. But I’ve got to think about a well-rounded, hot meal that hits the table at 6 o’clock and keeps our tiniest critic, Parker Lee, healthy and happy.
Out of all the tricks & recipes in my bag, this Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is the family favorite. I call it the crispy, salty, umami broccoli of my (and soon to be your) dreams. They’re so good, you swear you’ve just eaten a plate of fries. But, instead of carbs and deep-fried empty calories, you’ve helped yourself to one of the best veggies around, rich in fiber, anti-oxidants (the ones that you keep you beautiful), folate and Vitamins A, C & K.
Make a batch of broccoli and then explore my Easy Meal Solutions (link below). Dinner will be on the table in 30 minutes and you’re a hero (kinda sorta) for the night.
- •2 heads broccoli, trimmed into florets leaving 3-inch stems
- •⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- •1 teaspoon kosher salt
- •2 large garlic cloves, minced or grated w. Microplane
- •½ cup finely grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli with olive oil. We think that tossing the broccoli with clean hands is best, but a large spoon also does the job. Sprinkle in salt and garlic and thoroughly stir.
- Divide broccoli between 2 large sheet pans (not overcrowding is important for the crispiness factor!) and try to ensure that the cut side of the stem is face-down on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Place pans in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Rotate the pans and then reduce heat to 400 degrees. Cook for 10-15 minutes more, depending on how crispy you want your broccoli. (We like ours like French fries!)
- Serve warm.
Click here to check out my Easy Back-To-School Meals for the Family!
Love an easy side dish–this is beautiful, thank you!