We’re sharing one of favorite summer desserts with people.com‘s Celebrity Diner Club. Fresh melons, lots of crisp citrus-y wine and rich sabayon make this a treat to remember. Best of all, you whip the whole thing up in about 15 minutes! Click here to get the story and our step-by-step photos.
- ½ cup New Zealand sauvignon blanc
- ⅓-1/2 cup granulated sugar (to taste)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 cups cantaloupe, diced
- 2 cups watermelon, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- Place a medium sized sauce pot filled halfway with water on the stove and bring to a simmer.
- Combine the wine, sugar and egg yolks in a heat proof bowl that can rest on top of the pot without touching the water. Beat with a whisk or electric mixer.
- The mixture should triple in volume within 1-2 minutes of beating. Continue beating over the simmering water, using the mixer to stir the mixture and scrape the edges and bottom of the bowl.
- Mix 6-8 minutes, or until yolks form soft peaks (like whipped cream).
- Remove the bowl from the heat and beat 1 minute to help cool. If making ahead, refrigerate untli ready to serve. To cool the mixture quickly set the bowl over a bowl filled with ice water and continue beating until cooled.
- Toss the cut melon with the mint and divide among 4 bowls or glasses.
- Spoon the sabayon over the melon.
sabayon recipe zabaglione fresh summer dessert light lite