No, Jamie doesn’t grill shrimp from his tush imprint on the couch (though he writes a lot of his recipes there).
The Couch is CBS New York’s fun, flirty, food-obsessed morning show where Jamie and I have enjoyed doing several morning segments. With the temps rising and everyone’s thought on the holiday weekend, we zoned in on healthy grilled food that’s delicious (you should have seen the crew devouring these skewers during the commercial break..) and helps you stay hot in your bikini/trunks.
We kicked out the meat and opted for seafood. These shrimp skewers are juicy and packed with flavor thanks to the alternating pineapple chunks and the homemade seasoned salt. If you don’t have time to make our Spicy Coconut Crema, just squeeze a little bit of fresh lime juice into sour cream and ‘Voila!’
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- seasoned salt, as needed
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced *see glossary
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 package 6 inch bamboo skewers
- SEASONED SALT
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Arrange the pineapple chunks and shrimp on 8 inch skewers. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Combine the scallions, garlic, ginger, peppers and coconut milk in a small pot. Bring the mixture to a simmer and reduce by half. Transfer to a blender and process until smooth. Keep warm while you cook the shrimp.
- Brush the shrimp skewers with olive oil- or our new favorite, Pompeian's Mediterranean blend oil which is olive oil, canola and grapeseed oil- and cook on a preheated grill or on sheet pan beneath the broiler, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with sauce on the side
Leave A Comment