Got a bunch of left over Halloween candy and don’t know what to do with it? We’re here to help!
Pro tip: chop up miniature candy bars and add them to any and all baked goods.
Case in point- Candy Bar Pumpkin Bread.
Warning: Bake creamy nougat and caramel filling at your own risk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup chopped chocolate candy bar (like crunch, 100 grand or butterfinger)
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in a bowl. In separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and applesauce until smooth.
- Pour the liquid ingredients in to the bowl with the flour. Stir gently until just combined- a few lumps are ok. Stir in the chopped candy bar and transfer the mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350˚F oven for 1 hour, or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
recipes candy halloween candy leftover extra recipe candy bar chocolate trick or treat kids baking pumpkin bread