It only takes one of these babies to start feeling thankful… Fresh cranberries are simmered with cloves, cinnamon sticks, orange zest and ginger to create the ultimate cool-weather margarita.
See how much better your family gets along when you serve a round of these!
Author: Just Married & Cooking
Recipe type: Drinks
- 4 oz Cranberry-Ginger syrup (*see below for recipe)
- 4 oz tequila
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cinnamon stick or ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 piece fresh ginger, chopped (about ¼th cup)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves or ¼th teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 12 oz organic cranberries
- TO ASSEMBLE THE COCKTAIL
- Combine the syrup, tequila and lime juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain into martini glasses.
- TO MAKE THE SYRUP
- Combine the cinnamon, ginger, orange zest, cloves, salt, sugar, water and cranberries in a saucepot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook 15 minutes. Pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing lightly on the berries to extract as much juice as possible. Reserve the strained liquid in a glass jar. Will keep refrigerated up to 3 weeks.
Okay, James and Brooke, this looks like it’s going to be the best cocktail we ever had! Will definitely be trying this and I’m pinning it now so I remember in case I don’t do it tonight.