Labor Day has come and gone. Who cares?!
Our September weather is gorgeous, peaches & watermelon & tomatoes are still at their peak (here in the Northeast, at least) and we still like firing up the grill. ICYMI, here is our Fox & Friends Labor Day cooking segment and the delicious desserts and sides that might just make you forget about burgers. “Real” Grilled Cheese, anyone?
Sartre "Real" Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Author: The Couples Kitchen
Recipe type: main
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 pieces scallion, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup Sartori Montamore cheese, grated
- 1 cup Sartori Asiago cheese, grated
- 8 slices of bread (white or wheat)softened butter, as needed
- Blend together cream cheese, scallion, garlic powder, and medium bowl in a medium bowl. Fold in grated cheese until well mixed. Store mixture in refrigerator if not using immediately. Keeps 1 week. Spread the cheese mixture between two slices of bread. Spread the softened butter on the outside of the bread. Preheat a grill to low. Place the sandwich on the grill over heat, turning once until both sides are well browned and the cheese melted. Cool slightly before serving.
Leave A Comment